§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
- In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, and user behaviour.
- The Data Controller as per Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
SCHELL GmbH & Co. KG Armaturentechnologie
Tel .: +49 (0)2761 892-0
Fax .: +49 (0)2761 892-202
You can reach our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or via our postal address with the addition of "the Data Protection Officer".
- If we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective procedures. In doing so, we also name the specified criteria for the storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
- You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to rectification and cancellation,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data transferability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data. , The responsible authority is the North Rhine-Westphalian State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (https://www.ldi.nrw.de).
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- In the case of merely informative use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- The respective amount of data transmitted
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
§ 4 Cookies
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to / stored to the browser you use on your hard drive, and by which the entity that sets the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes, for example, to decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all features of this site.
- The website uses the following persistent cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which differs depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
The following persistent cookies are used:
Name Provider Purpose Duration of storage _ga Google Analytics Distinction of users 2 years _gid Google Analytics Distinction of users 24 hours _gat Google Analytics Transmission of the request rate 10 minutes
3. The persistent cookies are associated with Google Analytics, a popular analytics service provided by Google. Additional information on this analysis service can be found under § 8.
§ 5 Contact via the website
- When you contact us by email or through a contact form, the information you provide (your email address, your name, and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. If your request requires it, and a response is in your interest, or if you have given your express consent, we will forward your request, together with your details, to our SCHELL subsidiaries, which may also be in other countries (pursuant to Art. 49 (1) GDPR). We delete the data connected to this after the storage is no longer necessary, or, if there are statutory storage requirements, we restrict processing.
- It should be noted that emails on an unencrypted transmission path may be read and edited without authorisation and without this being noticed unless encryption technology has been selected. SCHELL continues to use spam filters against unwanted advertising, which in exceptional cases can also incorrectly reject normal emails. Emails containing viruses / malware will also be blocked prior to delivery.
§ 6 Newsletter
- You have the option of registering to receive our newsletter. For this, provision of your email address is mandatory. Optional information, such as the disclosure of your full name, is only for the optimisation of the service. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the unsubscribe link provided in the email. To sign up for the newsletter, the double opt-in procedure will be used to verify your email address and verify that you also agree to receiving the newsletter.
§ 7 Legal basis of processing
- Unless otherwise stated, we process the personal data provided to us pursuant to Art. 6, (1), lit. a GDPR, provided that we have received the necessary consent for the processing purpose. If the personal data serves to fulfil a contract or preliminary contract, we process the data according to Art, 6, (1), lit. b GDPR. If we are legally obliged to process personal data (e.g. tax-relevant obligations), we process the data in accordance with Art. 6, (1), lit. c GDPR. However, the processing may also result from a legitimate interest of SCHELL, in which case the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Legitimate interests are the maintenance of our business and the well-being of all our employees and shareholders.
§ 8 Google Analytics
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online offering by users, to compile reports on the activities within this online offering, and to provide us with other services related to the use of this online offer and internet usage. In this case, pseudonymous usage profiles of the users can be created from the processed data.
We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymisation. This means that the IP address of the users will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. The IP address submitted by the user's browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; users may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Alternatively, the user can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This sets a so-called opt-out cookie, which prevents the collection of your data when you visit our website:
Data Protection Officer
This document has been translated from German. In the case of problems or questions, the German version shall apply.